DIY PAPER SNAIL TOY. I love to make moving drawings; already as a kid, I amused myself with moving my illustrations around and making small scenes. I love it that my illustrations can come quickly alive, the small stories that you can create around them and adding on easily some personalities.
I had created this small cute DIY paper snail toy. I posted a short video of it on Instagram, and people loved it! Which is like super cool, I got a lot of questions about how I made it, and I decided to create a DIY from it.
This workshop is great for kids about nine years old. Therefore the younger kids can still make them, but I think they need some help.
You can download your file right here: DIY PAPER SNAIL TOY
Materials that you need are; some good glue, a pair of scissors and, color pencils.
Don’t forget the ten small fingers and a beautiful smile on their face.
- Let’s start!!
- You take your scissors and start cutting the snail shapes.
- You color the snail parts. This means the head with the body and the snail house.
- You pick up the glue and stick the parts together. Start with number 1 and continue from that.
- It is time for a little break, grab a soda and some candy. Give your snail a moment to dry.
- You slide the body into the house.
- Bonus* You can make a background drawing, with a lovely Forrest, of with loads of flowers! You can also make your snail explore your garden/or the plants on the balcony.
- Bonus** Maybe your snail has some brothers and sisters? You can create a family!
- Take your camera and make a video where your snail is the happiest. Share it on TIKTOK or Instagram with me @studio.wendynouse #studio.wendynouse!